IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON COVID-19
Yowani is continuing to tailor it’s operations to keep in line with Government rules and regulations around “social distancing” and “mass gatherings”. Below is some important information on changes that have been implemented to maximise the safety and well being of Yowani Members and Staff, including Pro Shop Staff.
YOWANI’S “RETURNING TO GOLF AND BOWLS – GUIDELINES (FRAMEWORK)” IS AVAILABLE HERE
PLEASE CONTINUE TO OBSERVE AND PRACTICE ENHANCED HYGIENE MEASURES FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL MEMBERS AND STAFF AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, STAY AWAY FROM YOWANI IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL, REGARDLESS OF THE SYMPTOMS. IT IS ALSO VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SELF-ISOLATE IN ACCORDANCE WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO SOMEONE SUFFERING FROM COVID-19 OR IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY RETURNED FROM OVERSEAS.
PLEASE CONTACT THE CLUB IMMEDIATELY (CLUB@YOWANI.COM.AU) IF YOU HAVE TESTED POSITIVE TO COVID-19 AND HAVE VISITED THE CLUB IN THE LEAD UP TO YOUR POSITIVE DIAGNOSIS.
GOVERNMENTS HAVE ADVISED ALL PEOPLE OVER THE AGE OF 70 TO REMAIN AT HOME WHENEVER POSSIBLE. ALTHOUGH GOLF AND BOWLS ARE IMPORTANT METHODS OF EXERCISE AND RECREATION FOR ALL PARTCIPANTS, YOWANI STRONGLY URGES ANY MEMBER OVER THE AGE OF 70 TO CONSIDER THIS ADVICE PRIOR TO BOOKING A COMPETITION TEE TIME OR ENJOYING A ROLL-UP.
The clubhouse ceased all operations on 23 March 2020. The clubhouse will remain shut down until Government restrictions are lifted.
Social play is available and bookings are ESSENTIAL – please phone the Pro Shop (6228 9745) well in advance to book your social round. Non-members are required to provide contact details for tracing purposes. Cart hire is strictly limited to 1 person per cart.
Yowani Competition Changes – Phase 1 of Rebooting Community Sport within the ACT (14 May 2020)
Yowani Country Club will continue to implement the advice and rules set by the Australian and ACT Governments relating to COVID-19.
Due to recently announced Phase 1 rules regarding social gathering and social distancing whilst participating in outdoor pursuits, the following applies with immediate effect to competition golf at Yowani:
– All competitions are a 1 tee start;
– The number of people per group has reverted back to groups of 4 Members;
– Gaps in between groups have been set at 8 minutes;
– Where timesheet vacancies exist, Member’s guests and visitors will be permitted to play in midweek competitions;
– 1 person per cart ONLY;
– The recently adopted Temporary Rules of Golf remain current;
– If/when a timesheet fills to capacity it will be frozen. If you wish to play in a competition that has been frozen, please email the
Pro Shop with details (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to go on a waitlist;
– In the future, Yowani may add additional competitions depending upon demand; and
– Most competitions (except for Tuesday’s which is currently staying women only) for the foreseeable future will be medley Stablefords.
Electronic Tee times will open online at 7:00pm one week in advance of the competition in question.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, AND IN FAIRNESS TO ALL MEMBERS, THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOL APPLIES:
A member with a Saturday booking should not book into the Sunday competition until the Tuesday. This will maximise weekend competition access for Members who would like to play on the weekend.
Access to Bowls at Yowi is subject to the following interim protocols: Yowani Country Club Interim Social bowls Procedures – 18052020
Yowani’s motel accommodation is currently open, albeit with reduced Reception hours. Please contact the club on (02) 6241 3377 during business hours (M to F) for accommodation enquiries and bookings. Yowani’s units are ideal for someone traveling and keeping within the current social distance guidelines as they are semi self-contained so guests can cater for themselves.
PERSONAL HYGIENE REQUIREMENTS
Members will be aware of the considerable reporting on the Coronavirus that is occurring and should keep themselves informed about government health advice. This advice is available Here
In this regard there are a number of simple measures we can all take to minimise the potential for contracting or spreading the infection. These include:
- No handshaking, high fives or fist pumps – congratulate/thank your fellow Member with a thumbs up;
- Do not share food or water;
- Cover nose and mouth with tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Keep 1.5m distance from anyone at all times;
- Use alcohol-based hand wash where available;
- Wash hands with soap and water and dry with paper towel before and after games;
- Avoid picking up another players bowl or golf ball; and
- Any member with flu-like symptoms should exclude themselves from play at the first sign of symptoms and seek medical advice.